Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions. You will be deemed to have signed and accepted them by selecting the
“I accept” box on the booking form. Please note that your holiday cannot be confirmed unless these terms and conditions have been accepted.
1. Payment of the balance of your holiday must be paid 8 weeks prior to departure to Cubashe Salsa Holidays’ nominated travel agent. If the balance is not paid in time, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday. Credit card payments may be subject to a surcharge fee.
Cancellations need to be received in writing. Prior to departure, the following charges will be made by the travel agent:
Over 56 days Deposit only
Between 29 and 56 days 50%
Between 15 and 29 days 70%
Within 15 days 100%
All deposits are non-refundable although it may be possible for you to transfer your deposit once to another advertised holiday during the same year. If there are no advertised holidays, your deposit is not transferable.
2. We reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your holiday and all holidays are subject to a minimum number of participants. In circumstances where we are unable to provide the holiday booked, you will be refunded all monies paid.
Holidays will be closed 4 weeks prior to departure and any cancellations within this period are subject to the travel agent’s terms and conditions.
3. I am aware that it is my responsibility to have a full valid passport (valid beyond 6 months of my stay in Cuba) before travelling.
4. I am aware that it is a requirement to have comprehensive travel insurance. Cubashe Salsa Holidays will not be held responsible if forced to cancel or in any way change your holiday due to war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions or any other events outside of our control.
5. I am aware that Cubashe Salsa Holidays is not responsible for the loss of luggage or theft of any kind, and that all claims will need to be addressed directly to the airline or Cuban authorities.
6. I agree to accept responsibility for the proper conduct of myself and those within my immediate party whilst on holiday. I understand that Cubashe Salsa Holidays reserve the right to terminate my holiday or that of any member of my party due to misconduct. If my actions or those of any member of my party cause damage to the accommodation in which I am staying or cause delay or diversion to any flight or other means of transportation, I agree to fully indemnify Cubashe Salsa Holidays against any claim (including legal costs) made against them by, or on behalf of the owners of such accommodation or the operator of such flight or other means of transportation. I agree that drunken or aggressive behaviour is unacceptable and that Cubashe Salsa Holidays cannot be responsible for my wellbeing, if or while I am in this condition.
7. I am aware that my health is my responsibility.
8. I acknowledge that any injury or accident incurred either in the dance classes due to physical strain or in any dance space whilst in Cuba, is not the responsibility of Cubashe Salsa Holidays.
9. I acknowledge and agree that all forms of transport that I may use in Cuba including but not limited to coaches, taxi, bus, Cadillac, car, bicy-taxi, motorbikes, bicycles, train, and jeep are used at my own risk.
10. I understand that Cubashe Salsa Holidays cannot be held responsible for the quality and safety of any form of transport taken on optional extra outings or at any point on the holiday. I acknowledge that Cubashe Salsa Holidays cannot be held responsible for the safety of all public buildings, salsa venues, museums, shops, buildings or structures that I may enter or use whilst on holiday in Cuba. I am aware that Cuba does not adhere to the same standards and levels of safety and hygiene as other countries and that my wellbeing and safety is my own responsibility at all times on my holiday in Cuba.
11. I acknowledge that Cuba does not necessarily comply with regular and accepted safety levels that are commonplace in Europe and the Western World for fire-safety, swimming pools, beach locations, hotels, lifts and staircases and accept that use of these facilities will be at my own risk and responsibility
12. I acknowledge that balconies do collapse in the street and cause injury, that the pavements are uneven, that dance floors may be uneven and facilities not of the usual standard expected and that at no point will Cubashe Salsa Holidays be responsible for my safety and wellbeing.
13. I accept that poor standards of safety, transport and hygiene in Cuba are due to its economic situation and cannot be the responsibility of Cubashe Salsa Holidays. All activities, events, outings and dancing undertaken whilst on the holiday are completely at my own risk.
14. I accept that Cubashe Salsa Holidays cannot be held responsible for any robbery or loss of property in the street or hotel or at any location. My personal belongings are my own responsibility. I am aware that if wear expensive jewellery, carry cameras, leave personal belongings unattended or with other guests, that they may be taken and this will not be the responsibility of Cubashe Salsa Holidays.
15. I agree that should I decide to leave the holiday group schedule during the trip to pursue other activities, that I may lose the opportunity to re-join the group itinerary.
16. I acknowledge that Cubashe Salsa Holidays is not a travel agency and is not ATOL protected or bonded. I am aware that Cubashe Salsa Holidays’ nominated travel agent Trans-Atlantic Wings - a trading name of CaribJet Ltd is responsible for my flights, (if flying on the group booking with Cubashe Salsa Holidays), accommodation and transfers to and from the airport. This is protected by Trans-Atlantic Wings ATOL number 4037. I agree to Trans-Atlantic Wings terms and conditions as listed on their website.
17. I am aware that I can purchase my flight from any travel agent of my choice. My flight and visa will then be my responsibility.
18. I acknowledge that Captivating Cuba can only issue Cuban Visa (Tourist cards) to EU, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and USA passport holders who also have return tickets. Any other countries passport holders will also require a permit/visa to stay in the UK valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure from Cuba.
19. I acknowledge that it is illegal to film professional videos in certain venues and locations in Cuba, such as Casa de la Musica with professional cameras and that I should ask permission before filming.
20. I agree that all photos taken on the holiday by the group photographer can be published by Cubashe Salsa Holidays for promotional purposes and posted by other clients. If I do not wish to have my photo taken or published I will make this clear to all clients and to the tour leader on the trip at the beginning of the trip. I agree not to publish any photos of individuals on the trip if they have directly expressed a wish not to be photographed or have their photo published. I will respect the privacy of all clients on the trip.
21. I understand that the price of the 14 day holiday includes: -
•Return flight and accommodation to Cuba
•4 nights all inclusive accommodation at beachside resort (where applicable)
•10 nights bed and breakfast in Havana hotel (where applicable)
•Transfers to and from the airport by coach, if booked as part of the group holiday, including flight
•21 hours of world class tuition
•A dance programme that includes Salsa, Son, Rumba, Afro-Cuban dance, technique, Reggaeton and Rueda
22. I understand that the price of the holiday does not include: -
•Lunch and evening meals – except if booked as part of an Optional Extra
•Club entrances and drinks
•Taxis/coach transfers around Havana
•Any event listed on the itinerary as an Optional Extra
•Cuban departure tax
23. I understand that each holiday differs and sample itineraries are available on www.CubasheSalsaHolidays.com.
24. The cost of the holiday does not include: Club entrances, drinks, lunch, evening meals, optional extras, private lessons or Cuban departure tax (25.00CUP) to be paid direct to the Cuban authorities at Havana airport on my departure.
25. I agree not to copy the Cubashe Salsa Holidays programme or recipe under any circumstances. I acknowledge that the Cubashe Salsa Holidays programme has been researched and developed by Joanne Seddon and that this holiday and its programme content is copyright to her and Cubashe Salsa Holidays. I agree not to organise, assist or inform other salsa tours to Cuba the programme/recipe of Cubashe Salsa Holidays. I am aware that if I break the terms of this booking condition, I will be liable for any court action Cubashe Salsa Holidays may take against me or my company.
26. I agree to respect the law in Cuba and will not invite or allow a Cuban person into my room into the hotels at any time.
27. I agree to pay for any hotel extras i.e. phone calls, laundry etc. before check out.
28. I am aware that taking drugs to Cuba or whilst in Cuba is completely illegal and unacceptable, and would put the group at risk. I agree not to be associated with persons taking drugs of any kind, or to bring drugs into Cuba. I understand that Cubashe Salsa Holidays cannot take responsibility for any participation in these or any other criminal activities.
29. I understand that Cubashe Salsa Holidays reserve the right to make changes to the holiday or itinerary at short notice. I am aware that Cuba is an unpredictable Communist country and as such, Cubashe Salsa Holidays may be forced to change the itinerary, hotel reservations, transfers and all arrangements at short notice.
30. Data Protection - In order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly and meet your requirements, we need to use the information you provide such as name, address and special needs/dietary requirements etc. We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. We must pass the information on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as airlines, hotels, transport companies etc. The information may also be provided to security companies, public authorities such as customs/immigration if required by them, or as required by law.
31. I understand that the Cubashe Salsa Holidays holiday is exclusively for Cubashe Salsa Holidays clients and I agree not to invite members of the public, friends or acquaintances not associated with the Cubashe Salsa Holidays tour to events organised by Cubashe Salsa Holidays.
32. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions which are governed by English Law and both parties shall submit to the jurisdiction of English Courts at all times.
33. I am over the age of 21 years.
The above terms and conditions are for your protection and the group as a whole. By selecting the “I accept” option on the booking form indicates your acceptance to be bound by its conditions. Cubashe Salsa Holidays wish to make your holiday a life changing, and safe experience. With your co-operation on the above points, we will undoubtedly have a very successful and enjoyable experience.